I like to use a plugin in my projects to see which posts get the most views. Of course you can also evaluate this via Google Analytics, but for 2 reasons this additional option is important to me:
- It is directly in WordPress and saves me the additional login.
- I can easily find the posts with the most views since the last update and check which article I should optimize again.
- view count in post overview list (sortable)
- no annoying upsell advertising
- counter with flexible resets
- View count differs significantly from Google Analytics -> Bot detection not so good?
- Styles are loaded in frontend, even if nothing is displayed
- For web pages with page caching, the counting method via Fast-Ajax does not seem to work
This plugin is mainly intended to display the view count in the front-end
- no display of views in the post overview list
- no possibility to disable the output in the front-end